Back in 2015, I devoted pretty much half a year of my life to covering the Bond films for The Mary Sue (except the last one, somehow). I made that franchise my life and it was, for the most part aside from how I didn’t get paid to do any of it, pretty awesome.
My interest in Bond fandom comes and goes depending on what content is coming out. I got hyped for the comics from Dynamite (so good, for real) and then that waned because I have a short attention span. When news of No Time To Die started coming out and it looked like we were finally getting back on track, I was like “okay, let’s do it”.
Everything about No Time To Die has me hyped up so far. The cast – new and returning – looks wonderful. The director – Cary Fukunaga – is both talented and a major babe. My anticipation for this film is pretty high and the trailer does an excellent job of returning me to my Bond Babe roots.
I’m beyond excited for Lashana Lynch’s Nomi. She’s the new 007 who’s been handling things while Craig’s Bond has been off doing his own thing. Between her presence in the trailer and the return of Naomie Harris’ Eve Moneypenny and Jeffrey Wright’s Felix Leiter (twelve years after his second appearance in the role), I feel flat out spoiled.
Now if only all three of those characters make it to the end of the film… (That’s actually my biggest worry for the film, I’m gonna be real.)
But here are all the things I’m excited about for this film:
- Rami Malek is going to be a good ass Bond Villain which makes up for the fact that Cristoph Waltz is back as Blofeld (sorry friends, I’m not a fan)
- Black Woman Magic with Nomi and Moneypenny. I expect some shipping to happen and I will run this ship myself if I have to. I deserve this.
- The freaking cars. I know next to nothing about cars, but I’m always super excited to see the ones in the James Bond films.
- I think that the trailer does a great job of showing some of the stakes and making you question what’s going to happen in the film. So I’m looking forward to having some of my expectations subverted.
- I love shoot-y spy films a whole huge ton so uh… really I’m just going to love this movie.
I feel positively about this film in a way I don’t actually know I did with Spectre. Maybe it’s because I really do trust Fukunaga as a director to do something amazing within this franchise – though on his own spy stuff I know he’d be even better with less constraints.
Anyway, I almost always have a ton of fun with Bond films. I get some kind of joy out of them – even if it’s the joy of critiquing them – and I know that no matter what happens, I’ll have enjoyed the hell out of Craig’s run in the franchise.
Have you watched the No Time To Die trailer? If you’re a Bond fan, what are your thoughts? What are you looking forward to? What are you worried about? And most importantly, how do y’all feel about NomiPenny as a ship name for our ladies?
One thought on “No Time To Die – Trailer #1 Thoughts”
[…] via No Time To Die – Trailer #1 Thoughts — Stitch’s Media Mix […]
Comments are closed.