- To be better at deadlines for work and school and to get comfortable communicating when a deadline isn’t going to work before it hits.
- To go after the things I want (jobs, writing opportunities, friendships) without talking myself out of it.
- To finish at least one short story a month and either post them or submit them to websites/magazines/anthology calls.
- To be more confident in my writing as I go about improving. I don’t have to change my style to fit anyone but myself. Getting better at writing is different from changing how I write so I need to focus that.
- To read more and to review more. I have this thing about making my reviews perfect but that means I don’t get as many out as I want or should. So 2017 will be the year I review more of the things I read right after I’m finished reading them
- To remember to disengage from situations or behaviors that aren’t helpful or healthy. I love critiquing fandom and media as much as the next nub, but I need to remember to step back. Hurting people (myself included) is never going to be something I want to do here so I need to keep that in mind.
- To lose a little weight. I feel fine and healthy, but it’s still something I want to do.
- To be better with Patreon or shut that shit down. This goes hand in hand with me sticking with deadlines, obviously.
- To bake macarons!
- To learn how to drive!
- To get an actual adult job and an apartment of my own.
- To be a better, more engaged friend. It’s hard for me because I prefer to be alone most of the time, but that’s not fair to my friends.
- To spend less time on things I hate and people I don’t like.
- To read 60 books! And review them (at the very least, on goodreads).
Hopefully this goes well!
2 thoughts on “2017 Resolutions (A Day Late)”
I have some of the same resolutions. I have thought about making a Patreon, but I don’t think I have a big enough platform. So, I will continue with my plans of starting my own business.
I read this late, but I am rooting for you!
Comments are closed.