July was hecking busy and I didn’t get a ton of work done.
What sucks is that August is going to be intense and busy because I’m increasing the intensity of my job hunt and the moment I get hired, my writing output will shrink drastically. So, I’m going to try to make a manageable schedule with two main pieces for Patreon and two for my website that I will aim to get done and posted by the end of August with a couple smaller things for both platforms.
My goal from here on in is to make more of an active effort doing freelance and working on sending pitches to outlets that pay. I also have some fiction and non-fiction I’d like to work on and sell, but I’m pacing myself so that I can see if I can get some serious work done by the end of the year – work that folks would be interested in paying me directly for. (Which is another thing I need to figure out: how to use gumroad or some other storefront service to sell digital content directly to interested consumers!)
I’ll keep y’all posted on that front, but in the meanwhile, let’s look at what’s coming up in August:
- “Dear Comic Fans, It’s Been Four Years And Y’all Are Still So Darn Angry About Not Just Racebending But Brown Folks In Your Nerdy Media In General” – Snippets at the $1 Tier and the finished draft at the $3 and $5 tiers
- “Urban Fantasy 101: Vampire Supremacy” – snippets at the $1 Tier and the finished draft at the $3 and 5 tiers.
- A currently untitled piece on heroic deaths, characters of color, and who fandom never fights to bring back – definitely snippets at the $1 Tier, possibly the draft at the upper tiers if I don’t sell the article based on the pitch I’m planning to send
- Slavefic Thoughts Revisited, a sort of coda to the “What Fandom Racism Looks Like” piece on slavefic that covers some things I think I needed to get into a bit more/that I glossed over – $5 Tier
- “Talking Tropes – Episode 2: Secret Royalty – $5 Tier
- Snippets for uh… basically everything – $1 Tier
- Image posts + longform captions/mini-essays for a handful of previous posts – $1 Tier
- “Too White Bread for This Shit: Race and Racism in Laurell K Hamilton’s Urban Fantasy Series”
- “Urban Fantasy 101: What I Read Last Summer”
- “Who the heck is Ben Solo?”
- “What Fandom Racism Looks Like: White Prioritization”
- A currently untitled Urban Fantasy 101 Piece
- Some short book reviews!
Thank you for supporting me for another month!
You must be logged in to post a comment.