I’m a writer in my late 20s, trying to figure out love, life, and how to get the most out of my MA in Literature. I love research and, no joke, analyzing the heck out of every single piece of media I consume – so expect a lot of that here.
I’ve got an an opinion on basically everything. If you like strong opinions, candid talk about mental/physical health and trauma, and the occasional ode to fictional characters, then you’ll probably love me.
And if you don’t… oh well!
This blog focuses on analysis of nerdy media, book reviews, and lots of commentary about race in fandom and the source media that spawns our favorite fandoms.
- Follow Stitch's Media Mix on WordPress.com
Ways to Support Me/My Writing
- What Fandom Racism Looks Like: The Cult(ure) of Nice
- What Fandom Racism Looks Like: The Star Wars Fandom (Part One, Probably)
- What Fandom Racism Looks Like: Weaponized White Womanhood
- What Fandom Racism Looks Like: (Not-So) Sexy Slavefic
- Lucifer – Pilot: The Good, The Bad, and the Oh-So Ugly
- [Small Stitch Reviews] Medusa Uploaded by Emily Devenport
- Quick Coverage: All Eyez On YunB Proving Why East Asian Appreciation and Appropriation of Blackness Are Two Sides of the Same Antiblack Coin
- [Video (Re) Post] Cultural Appropriation, Choice, and Some Cornrows
- The Great Big Anita Blake Reread: Bloody Bones
- Too White Bread for This Shit: Race and Racism in Laurell K Hamilton’s Urban Fantasy Series