I’m a writer in my late 20s, trying to figure out love, life, and how to get the most out of my MA in Literature. I love research and, no joke, analyzing the heck out of every single piece of media I consume – so expect a lot of that here.
I’ve got an an opinion on basically everything. If you like strong opinions, candid talk about mental/physical health and trauma, and the occasional ode to fictional characters, then you’ll probably love me.
And if you don’t… oh well!
This blog focuses on analysis of nerdy media, book reviews, and lots of commentary about race in fandom and the source media that spawns our favorite fandoms.
- Follow Stitch's Media Mix on WordPress.com
Ways to Support Me/My Writing
- Short, Sharp, and Simple: I’m Tired of White Fragility in Fandom
- Black American Privilege: A Poem
- Lucifer – Pilot: The Good, The Bad, and the Oh-So Ugly
- What Fandom Racism Looks Like: Weaponized White Womanhood
- Too White Bread for This Shit: Race and Racism in Laurell K Hamilton’s Urban Fantasy Series
- Apologies, Please
- "Who's Super Selfish Here?": Oliver and Felicity, WestAllen Wedding Crashers
- [Book Review] Miles Morales – A Spider-Man Novel
- Urban Fantasy 101 – Weird Ass Werewolf Tropes
- What Fandom Racism Looks Like: Fandom Wank