Originally posted back in March 2018 after realizing that the MCU fandom never actually stopped its anti-black nonsense. Best way to play? Spend some time scrolling through the unfiltered Black Panther tags on AO3 with a drink in your hand and drink every time you land on something in one of the squares. Repeat drinking is encouraged. (The original, archived inspiration.)
I’m back with another “fandom racism” card, this one more explicitly for the Black Panther fandom. I think this one can be used for scrolling through tumblr tags or AO3 as a drinking game, but I like my liver a bit too much to play it and see how it goes.
If you can’t read the bingo squares, here’s what they say (though the order may not match) and some handy links to explanations:
- Sizekink and/or Big Black Cock
- White ruler of Wakanda (other fandom)
- Shuri or Okoye as “sassy Black women”
- Black women as mammy figures for white chars (AND HERE)
- Reverse racism
- “I can’t be a colonizer, my country never colonized anyone”
- Accusing Black fans of racism or gatekeeping
- “Wakanda-inspired” nations for white characters (HERE TOO)
- Hyper-focus on white characters in interracial ship stories
- Wakanda as a hot vacation spot for white characters
- “Saying T’challa wouldn’t date a white person is racist.”
- “For some reason, I just don’t like Nakia”
- Erik/T’challa or Erik/Shuri
- Sugar Daddy T’challa
- White ruler of Wakanda (MCU)
- Sam/Rhodey/Luke Cage, Who?
- Black character exists only to do emotional labor
- “You’re why people don’t like to write/draw Black characters in fandom.”
- Darcy in Wakanda
- White dude slashship references in headcanons/fic
- Assuming Wakandans are automatically homophobic/transphobic
- Aggressive Black characters
- “Why do you (Black) people hate interracial relationships?”
If you don’t get what a square means, please nudge me for clarification!
2 thoughts on “#flashbackfriday: Black Panther Fandom Racism Bingo”
I remember reading this and thinking don’t play this as a drinking game cause you’ll die of alcohol poisoning.
I’m thinking it MIGHT be better now because the ickiest people probably aren’t updating their stories/have move on to another series that they can do all of that nonsense in so perhaps playing this as a drinking game won’t be immediately fatal?
One day, when I get a place of my own or where I’m living with my mom isn’t so tiny, I’ll have to try it and stream it to see how it goes. (But with watered down drinks for sure.)
Comments are closed.