I’m a writer in my late 20s, trying to figure out love, life, and how to get the most out of my MA in Literature. I love research and, no joke, analyzing the heck out of every single piece of media I consume – so expect a lot of that here.
I’ve got an an opinion on basically everything. If you like strong opinions, candid talk about mental/physical health and trauma, and the occasional ode to fictional characters, then you’ll probably love me.
And if you don’t… oh well!
This blog focuses on analysis of nerdy media, book reviews, and lots of commentary about race in fandom and the source media that spawns our favorite fandoms.
- Follow Stitch's Media Mix on WordPress.com
Ways to Support Me/My Writing
Tag Archives: Kate Marshall
- Short, Sharp, and Simple: I’m Tired of White Fragility in Fandom
- Apologies, Please
- [Stitch Takes Notes] Angela Reyes’ "Appropriation of African American slang by Asian American youth"
- Lucifer – Pilot: The Good, The Bad, and the Oh-So Ugly
- What Fandom Racism Looks Like: PickMe POC
- Too White Bread for This Shit: Race and Racism in Laurell K Hamilton’s Urban Fantasy Series
- A Quick Quibble: Supposedly “Straightwashing” Okoye in Black Panther
- What Fandom Racism Looks Like: Weaponized White Womanhood
- Where Are Y’all Getting Your Characterization From? Finn Isn’t A Coward, Or Selfish, And He Doesn’t Need A Damn Redemption Arc.
- "Who's Super Selfish Here?": Oliver and Felicity, WestAllen Wedding Crashers