So much happened in 2015. Here’s a quick rundown of the good, the bad, and the ugly. Also included: some of what I’m thankful for in 2015, what I’m looking forward to in 2016, and a list of New Year’s Resolutions!
- I was published for the first time! I sold a piece of flash fiction (“Accidental Queen of the Spiders“) to Fireside Fiction and it was published in their August 3rd I may never stop talking about this because this is such a huge deal.
- I spent from April to September of this year writing about James Bond for The Mary Sue. I got a lot of exposure from it and made many new friends as a result.
- I’m actually currently doing reviews for Word of the Nerd!
- I saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens and cried forever.
- I (eventually) got accepted into the Master’s Program for Literature at my alma mater in Miami.
- I got a car at the beginning of the year. It’s a milestone.
- I’ve been making inroads in writing and I’ve learned so much from fellow writers throughout the year.
- I’ve found a community of really cool people thanks to twitter and publishing. Sure, publishing has a lot in common with media fandom in that there are some really powerful and terrible people out there, but I’ve actually met a ton of really amazing and wonderful diverse people, some of whom have taken me under their wings a bit.
- As of 11:23pm on December 30, 2015, I have written at least 198,175 words in at least 75 different finished files. This number only includes most of what I’ve written between September and December of this year because I wasn’t keeping track of what I was writing until September.