What I’m Into In November:
- Books: Queen of the Conquered, Speculative Blackness: The Future of Race in Science Fiction, Archangel’s War, BTS and ARMY Culture
- Music: BTS, TXT, the Wicked soundtrack
- Shows: Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (again)
- Movies: documentaries probably, definitely John Wick 3
- Food: pizza and maybe Korean if I can afford it
The Usual Support Links
- Website: https://stitchmediamix.com/blog/
- Ko-fi: http://ko-fi.com/A477I4N
- Dental Health Gofundme: https://www.gofundme.com/f/1sqg0np8eo
- CashApp: $StitchMM
- PayPal: http://paypal.me/ZinaH
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/StitchMediaMix/
- Amazon Wishlist: https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/UXW2K0AOL5YK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_ws_RWWByb2JFWTRJ …
October sure was a month y’all.
You may have noticed that while I went “wow I’m going to make a lot of content”, the reality was that… I did not do that. If you don’t follow me on Twitter, you might not have picked up on why.
Unfortunately, when stressed, I tend to shut down and my output slows to a clear crawl. And I spent a huge chunk of October stressed beyond belief. Between the latest reminder that Black fans critical of anything aren’t welcome in fandom, the family car getting multiple flats and getting towed, and some renewed stress at Day Job (thanks to tasks I’m working on and stuff I’m trying to optimize) that I’m still trying to overcome, I was already slower than usual despite my desire to be Super Organized.
Then my birthday happened on the twenty-fourth and while I had an amazing time, I then promptly got sick. The reason why y’all are getting this post on the fourth instead of the first is because this is the first time since about the 25th or 26th that I’ve honestly felt up to sitting in front of a computer and putting my schedule together for November. As recently as last night, I had a debilitating sinus headache and couldn’t breathe through my nose.
But part of the way through my work day today, the stars seemed to align and right around the time when I threw my back out around lunch, my cold seemed to clear up.Continue reading