To inquire about my full CV or for job opportunities , please use the contact form on my website.
Freelance December 2010 — Present
- Works largely with private clients on fiction and non-fiction projects in a wide range of areas
- Writes creative content tailored for websites
- Researches content for websites and private clients
- Pitches ideas and develops outlines
- Uses HTML skills and basic knowledge of Photoshop to design and center images in the pieces I write
Student Assistant February 2016 – October 2017
- Worked with authors and professors in order to edit a reference text for Routledge
- Researched POM practices
- Put together lecture PowerPoints based on chapters in the reference text
- Connect with authors and contributors for managing the text
- Edited page proofs for Routledge
Masters of Arts in Literature Jan 2016 – Present
Florida International University
Bachelor of Arts in History Jan 2010 — Dec 2012
Florida International University — GPA: 3.2
Minor in Religious Studies
Focus on pop culture, comic books, race & gender studies
Associate of Arts in History Aug 2007 — Dec 2009
Broward College — GPA: 3.5
- 6 years’ experience with social media management.
- 10+ years’ experience with blogging that includes writing for tech industries.
- 4 years’ experience running wide-reaching social media accounts and websites that focus on different aspects of identity and life.
- Committed to building expertise in web communications, social media, and search engine marketing
- An exceptional work ethic
- The ability to quickly absorb and apply new information
- Can type 50+ words a minute
Notable Web Based Publications
- (2015, September) Bond Girl: Re-Watching and Re-Evaluating Skyfall. The Mary Sue.
- (2015, August) Accidental Queen of the Spiders. Fireside Fiction, Volume 3 (Issue 26).
- (2015, April) Bond Girl: Re-Watching and Re-Evaluating Dr. No. The Mary Sue.
- (2016, October) The Legend of Tarzan. Strange Horizons.
- (2017, February) Marvel’s Luke Cage. Strange Horizons.
- (2017, February) From Black Panther To Moon Girl: A Brief History Of Young Black Brilliance in Superhero Comics. Comics Alliance.
Conference Speaking engagements
- “Consumptive Motherhood: The Progressive Devaluation of Star Wars’ Padmé Amidala”. Annual Conference of the CSSA at Florida Atlantic University. 2016.
- “My Comic Book Girlfriend Has To Be A Redhead: Misogynoiristic Reactions to Iris West and Mary Jane Watson”. PCAACA National Conference in San Diego, CA. April 2017.
- Decolonizing Fanspaces – Roundtable Discussion. PCAACA National Conference in San Diego, CA. April 2017.
- As an avid researcher and fan of comic book history, I enjoy reading Golden Age horror and romance comic books.
- Since March 2015, I have maintained a personal website that revolves around social issues, pop culture, publishing, and conversations about race and gender inequalities in media.