Some things you probably should know about me:
- My name is Zina but I prefer to be called “Stitch”.
- My pronouns are she/hers and they/theirs.
- Discord Tag: BossAssStitch#2524 (please let me know you’re adding me on some other platform so I can keep an eye out for your username)
- If you want to support me:
- I’m most active on Twitter and if you can’t reach me here (which is you know… super likely), you should try me there. (Note that if you don’t like my tone here, you’re really not going to like my tone there.)
- I got an MA in Literature back in 2018. My academic focus falls on representation in media, gender politics, and super close readings of all the things you love. I call it a stealth fan studies degree when I’m feeling saucy.
- My take on “Death of the Author” as it relates to canon is… flexible and frustrating.
- My memory is awful. If you need me to do something we’ve already discussed, remind me. Repeatedly if you must. I will look at asks and tell myself I’ll respond only to forget about them for months.
- I reserve the right to refrain from interactions with under-eighteens over specific topics. If I wouldn’t discuss something with my niblets who aren’t eighteen, I’m not going to discuss it with you.
I love comic books (and have a collection that’s between 1300 and 1500 floppies), but I’m also very interested in the spy genre (James Bond is my life) and old fashioned westerns. All of my nerd interests come courtesy of my father who used to watch the 1960s Batman show every day with me once he picked me up from school and who still has the biggest collection of Western/cowboy films I’ve ever seen (on VHS even) and my mom who grew up buying comics during the early time of the code and never got to read the really good horror comics that were out a bit before her time.
Some things you’ll be able to see on this blog are: original fiction, reviews (books + comics + film/tv), and essays and/or posts about little things that catch my eye in of nerd culture.
This is just the beginning, but you can expect to see great things from me as I settle into my skin! Check out my Fiction and Non-Fiction pages in order to keep up with what I’m writing!